Thursday, June 21, 2012

Purse Palooza Entry #1: Chevron Pleated tote

Sew Sweetness is running a purse-making contest this month called Purse Palooza.  I plan on having a few entries.  Here is my first!  It's a pleated tote based on this pattern at U-Handbag.  I followed the basic pattern but made my tote slightly narrower (because that's all I had enough fabric for!).  I also added two inside slip pockets and a magnetic snap. The straps were also my own design and attach with nickel D-rings.  It is super roomy and very stylish!  The pleats let the red peek out just enough to not be overpowering, and the whole effect is very summery.

The dimensions are:
13" tall
10" wide at top
16" wide at bottom
3.5" deep at bottom
9" strap drop
Made with home-decor weight fabric and a cotton lining.  Fully interfaced with Decor Bond.

I think this will eventually end up in my Etsy shop, unless someone claims it here or on Facebook first!











4 comments:

  1. Love the chevron, and I might have to go check out that pattern, pleats are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was my first go at actual pleats, and it was pretty easy to follow.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I have the pattern and I love this purse. Your use of chevron fabric was great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! I love to hear what you think about my projects.