Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hexies and Target Dollar Finds

First up, some photos of this week's Zakka Style Sew-Along project!  It was a cute zip pouch, but the real stars are the hexagons appliqued onto it.  I have been wanting to try making hexies since I saw Rachael over at imagine gnats make some awhile back, but I had no idea how.  This project got me started, and now I can't seem to stop.  I usually despise hand sewing, but these are so much fun, and can be done while riding in the car or watching TV.  I may have even ordered some charm packs of cute fabric just so I can make more...and I'm not quite sure what they will become!

Linen blend body with cotton hexagons.  Outfoxed, Fly a Kite, and something else from my stash...

I do love a good contrasting zipper.

Lining is some cute hedgehogs from Outfoxed.

I wasn't sure if I was going to keep or sell the pouch...and then I realized it is perfect for keeping my hexie-making supplies together!
I was in the "big city" last week and went to Target.  Those bins of dollar items at the entry always suck my kids in...and they got me this time, too.  I found these cute little containers that I am using to further organize my sewing space.  Great for scraps, thread, trash, or transporting my hand-sewing supplies between desk and couch.

Slipped on my sewing desk drawer as a trash collector

Corralling my thread

Project transportation


3 comments:

  1. I have hexie love at the minute, and am part way throufh english paper piecing a sewing bag for a friend. I am also seriously considering buying the new book Hex a go.go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a green one too :) I love your hexies!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! I love to hear what you think about my projects.