Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What I'm Working On

This week I am getting back into the groove of things after a relaxing Hawaiian vacation.  I have yet to start up my sewing machine, but I will. Today. Yes.

First up is work on altering a pattern to transform it from a wallet to an e-reader case.  I started out with this pattern from Keyka Lou for a clutch wallet.  I have a few of these adorable wallets in my Etsy shop already.

My intent was to add padding and supersize it into an iPad case, but after doing just that I found it to be just too large when opened to be practical.


So now I need to downsize it a bit and turn it into an e-reader case (you know, for a Kindle, Nook, Kindle Fire, etc.).  I love this fabric too much to let it go to waste, and if I can make it work I will have a handy case with an inside zipper pocket for the charger or pen and paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note! I love to hear what you think about my projects.