Wednesday, January 28, 2015

WIP Wednesday

It seems that I always have at least 3 projects going at a time.  Usually more.  Here's a look at what I have in progress this week.

First up, I finished the January portion of The New Hexagon Millefiore quilt-along.  Whew.  It measures about 36" across.  It's been fun so far, and great to have a project that I can work on practically anywhere.  Now that I'm waiting for the February block instructions to be released, I don't quite know what to do with myself while waiting at piano lessons and wrestling practice.




I'm also working on this tiny quilt.  It's the first true mini quilt that I've made, and it's for my local quilt guild's mini quilt auction in March.  The guild raises money for scholarships each year.  I decided to torture myself with 1" blocks.  Some of them are made up of two half-square triangles.  Eek.  It's turning out well, and all that's left is binding. If I finish it up this week, I'll share more about it on Friday!

I initially wanted to quilt in a rainbow of colored thread.  But I couldn't get the thread tension quite right for some reason, and the stitching on the back was not good.  Oh well.

The back, with quilting complete

I'm also still working on a new quilt for my bed.  I started it in September and meant to finish it up this month.  Oops.  Not gonna happen.  It includes gorgeous fabric from the Indelible collection by Art Gallery Fabrics.  And it's all straight lines.  You'd think I would be able to zip right through it, but I keep getting distracted by other ideas.  More on that next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note! I love to hear what you think about my projects.