Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Finishes

This week, I finished a mini quilt for the Ocean Wave Quilters Guild scholarship auction.  I have never made a true mini quilt.  I was inspired by this half-square triangle mini on Pinterest.


I decided that if I was going to make a mini quilt, it was going to be very mini.  I started with a design made on a grid.



My final blocks are 1" squares.  I continued the 1" white squares through the whole quilt, rather than adding on a large triangle to the bottom right corner (which would have been SO much easier!).  I underestimated the difficulty of lining up 1" square rows!  It's not perfect, but it's art, and art isn't perfect.  The quilt measures 17" x 18".



 I used all scraps for this project, aside from the Moda white solid.  There are bits from Cotton + Steel, Tsuru by Rashida Coleman-Hale, and some Art Gallery Lace Elements.

I love how the quilting turned out.  I struggled with tension on the back for awhile before getting it right.  Well worth the effort!


If you'll be in Sitka the first week of March, stop by the auction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note! I love to hear what you think about my projects.